Friday, August 10, 2012

Here Comes the Bride

Back around 96 or 97, I hosted a bridal shower for one of my best friends. My mother bought a Madame Alexander bride and groom for me to use as decorations. 

It was a hilarious day. In order to keep my friend busy and to avoid recognizing certain cars parking at my parent's home, I had to invent something for us to do. Now, I suck at lying. My plan was, we were going to the movies, but first I had to buy a specific brand of gum for my mom and go back to the house to drop it off. Awkward. My mom doesn't even chew gum (me either). But, it worked out and it was a great shower.

Here are the lucky couple.






They are 8" Wendys. The only flaw my bride has (behind the blurry photo) is that my cat like tulle. In fact she likes to EAT tulle. The bride now has a couple of holes in her veil (only seen from the back). I have since learned to keep her in a cabinet, much to the cat's dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment