Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Setting Up in the Base Apartment

Nothing much to add so far this week, so I thought I would share with you some photos of my dolls in their new home, the guest room.


These are all of the non-fashion/Barbie type dolls that I brought with me to Japan. The rest, alas, will hide away in storage for the next three years. From left to right: Genius Baby, My Friend Mandy (up top), My Friend Becky (an after Christmas purchase), Sadie (Madame Alexander Friends Boutique, and also an after Christmas purchase), Dave's Cabbit (from the anime, Tenchi Muyo), Pot Belly Bear, a new doll crib I found at the base thrift store, panda, and my two Raggedy Anns (Applause Raggedy Ann - 25" from the 1990s, and 1970s Dress Me Raggedy Ann from Knickerbocker).

As you can see, the room is in serious need of furniture. The only items in the room, besides the dolls, are my dresser, a lamp, and the litter box.



The cradle is missing one ball but is otherwise in great shape. I think I will paint it, since the modern pink and green design on the head and foot boards just don't blend with my older dolls.

I also really want to find a child or doll sized table and chairs for the room (as well as a futon for guests).

No comments:

Post a Comment