Wednesday, March 23, 2022

#Licca #Latte-retro

 I ordered #Latte-retro Licca last week, and she arrive really quickly. I was surprised when she was delivered today.


She is part of the new # (hashtag) or Seventeen line of Licca dolls.


This particular doll is dressed in retro 1980s inspired fashion.


This line is aimed at older doll collectors (teens and up) than the traditional Licca line (children).



Included in the box is a photo booth background that Licca can be posed in front of. The box also includes the link to go to the @Seventeen_licca Instagram page to share and see photos.



#Latte-Retro, and the other #Licca dolls, are taller than my other Liccas, since she is meant to represent a 17 year old, instead of an 11 year old. So I knew she would have a new body. What I wasn't prepared for is that her legs are rigid plastic, like a Barbie Fashionista.


See the one bent knee? Wonder where they got that idea from?


I'm pretty sure her tights are not going to stay up long on those slick legs.


While I love the jacket, I think she looks best when it is off. That way the rest of the outfit can be seen.



For a size comparison, here is #Latte-Retro standing between a Barbie Fashionista and a regular Licca. Barbie still towers over her.


And a face comparison between #Licca and Licca. #Licca looks a little more adult and has lost some of the little girl look, but is still recognizable as Licca.


I have to say, I love her hair. The colors are wonderful. And the crimping is on point for the 80s theme.


I am a bit disappointed that the new #Licca dolls have stiff plastic legs, vs the bendy vinyl legs that I am used to with Licca dolls. And I probably won't buy anymore #Licca dolls, unless there is an amazing concept that I just can't do without.

That being said, with Jenny and friends no longer readily available on the Japanese market, it is nice to know that #Licca is there to fill in the teen fashion doll gap.


She really is very pretty and goes great with my collection.





1 comment:

  1. Wow I had no idea the new Licca dolls were that tall! I love the smaller size of the "younger" Licca but if won't mind getting a new doll this size to see how well she can look in my collection.

    ReplyDelete