Monday, August 1, 2016

UFDC Convention 2016 - Washington, D.C.: Part 1

This year's UFDC Convention (#67), Kindred Spirits, was held, once again in Washington D.C. It was July 27- July 30 (July 26 had pre-convention activities).

Since it was nearby, my husband drove me and my dolls to the hotel, the Washington Hilton. This way I didn't have to pay the obnoxious parking fees at the hotel. I got there bright and early, checked in, and waited for the 10AM Hillwood Estate tour.


The estate was just a few blocks away, but in the extreme heat, the bus ride was much appreciated.


The estate had belonged to Marjorie Merriweather Post, and she turned it and her amazing art collection into a museum so that everyone could see her beautiful items.


The estate is known for it's Faberge egg collection, as well as it's Russian collection, and fine china collection.


Licca joined me on this trip, her third visit to Washington, D.C.




When we got back to the hotel, I volunteered in the Helper room, assisting in setting it up. I never realized how much work it takes to have the Helper room ready for visitors. Considering volunteering in it next convention you go to, it will be greatly appreciated.

That evening was the At Your Service Open House and ice cream social. I chatted with a few friends there and then called it a night. I knew the next day would be another long one.


No comments:

Post a Comment