Friday, January 24, 2014

A Mini-Kimono for Evangeline

The weather has been cold so I have been spending a lot of time inside the house. This gave me the time to sew for Evangeline.

I used a small piece of Japanese fabric that I already had (and wish I had more of). I went back to the store I got it from, and they didn't have any more. :(

So instead of a full length kimono with full kimono sleeves, I made a short kimono with jacket sleeves.


Here she is wearing it over her Queen of the Mardi Gras dress. A perfect way to change up an existing outfit.



Showing a bit of leg.


Without an under-dress, it becomes a sexy mini or negligee.





I finished the outfit off by using the last scrap of material to make a little bag.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really great kimono! I like the variation you used on it! It looks personalized (the best outfits in my opinion) and it fits your doll wonderfully! I wished I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete