Monday, December 23, 2019

Doll House Christmas

Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year. I put together a quick Christmas morning scene with my doll house family. This is appropriate, since I received the doll house for Christmas when I was 8 years old in 1979.
I was surprised when I woke up that morning to see a doll house in front of the tree, even though I had received a doll house family from my Aunt and Uncle earlier that week. Inside the empty doll house was a small wrapped box. Inside the box was a Christmas tree, tree skirt, and a present for each member of the doll house family.
All that is missing from this scene is my mini-me of the doll house family. She had a terrible decapitation incident after surviving a foot amputation. The house, too, is gone, but the many memories survive.



Mom, Dad, Tommy, baby Billy, and Peanut Butter the cat celebrate Christmas morning. April must be taking the photo.


Looks like Tommy is happy with his airplane.


Dad is going to start a fire in the fireplace to warm the house up.


Peanut Butter is wondering where his presents are. And it looks like April got two dolls to add to her collection. The dolls were the type that came in plastic Christmas ornament balls with candy and a toy. Many of the toys in the doll house were from those or the Easter Egg equivalent.

1 comment: