Thursday, July 18, 2019

A Little Bit Country

I fly to Nashville, TN this weekend for the UFDC Convention which takes place July 23rd through July 27th. Dolls have been carefully chosen for competition, event table favors were decided on, final banquet table favors were handmade, and all have been packed in my suitcases. 

This year I have decided to take with me two travel dolls. Lia, last year's convention souvenir doll, will be joining Licca, my regular travel doll, through all of my adventures. In honor of this, Lia needed some country and western duds so she wouldn't feel out of place in the home of country music.

As luck would have it, the Spring 2019 issue of Doll News (UFDC's magazine) had a simple pattern for just such an outfit in their Jr. Collector's Corner. I adapted the outfit a bit since the original pattern was meant for an 18" doll - like American Girl dolls, and I added my own flair to the outfit.



Now Lia is ready for her adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment