Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Scary Godmother Doll

In August 2013, artist Jill Thompson launched a Kickstarter project to produce a doll based on her book character, Scary Godmother, for adult collectors.


After many trials, tribulations, and changing factories, the dolls were finally manufactured and shipped. Mine arrived today, and she is glorious.


She came packaged in a lovely cardboard box decorated with her artwork.









Look at that face!



But, ohhhh, so many twist ties. My fingers hurt just looking at it.



She comes with a stand, her pet cat/ghost, 3 bags, and detachable wings.



She was meant to be able to carry the cat by the handle, but that is not going to happen. The cat is made of too heavy a plastic.


It took some doing, but I finally got the wings in. First I tested the holes.


Then, while the outfit is still opened, I slid the wing pegs through the outfit and into her back, before zipping her outfit back up.



One of the knee joints on my doll is a little loose, but I will undress and inspect her body another day.


I am very happy that she finally arrived. Now to read the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment