Sunday, December 17, 2017

Memories of Christmas, 1975

Christmas 1975

That summer, we had moved into a new house, and we had a new baby brother. On Christmas morning my dad held me on the stairs so I could see the Christmas tree from above.


We had a real tree that we had decorated together. But under the tree!


There she was! The most beautiful baby doll I had ever seen. I had gazed at her hopefully for what felt like weeks, when ever we were at the store. And here she was, magically, under the tree. And not even in her box, but in a doll crib that had a slide down side, just like the real crib upstairs. 


She drank and wet, and was big, like a real baby.


Mom had made our stockings, and Santa has stuffed them well.



My brother also got a great present. The G.I. Joe Adventure team headquarters. It had an elevator chair! So cool.


This was one of the best Christmases ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment