Tuesday, August 16, 2022

2022 UFDC Convention in St. Louis - Timeless Treasures: Day 5

 Day 5 - Saturday

I was up nice and early to help set up and work the Helper Drawings. It is always nice to hear people cheering when they or a friend win a coveted item. I won two items from the drawings: a Robin Woods Alice in Wonderland doll and accessories in trunk, 


and a Zwergnase doll.


After putting away my items, I worked the Mini-Offices last shift - 10AM-12PM.

I again ate a quiet lunch in my room, this time leftover Chinese food from the night before, packed as much as I could in my suitcases, and rested.

Kelsey and I dressed up for the final event.


And then we headed down to the cash bar cocktail hour and the final banquet.

The centerpiece was a simple tri-fold that mentioned this year's theme and led us into next year's theme.




My roommates Little Fox doll joined Kelsey at the table.


Table mates were generous with table gifts.


During the dinner, we were entertained first by a barbershop quartet, and then a video of convention goings on set to music.

At the end of the evening, souvenir dolls were passed out to those who had pre-ordered them, and we opened them all together.


The doll is Lena Sutherland by Jennie Sykes.


After oohing and aahing, it was time to say our final farewells to friends and head to bed, especially since our ride to take us to the airport was scheduled to pick us up at 5AM.



No comments:

Post a Comment