Sunday, August 14, 2022

2022 UFDC Convention in St. Louis - Timeless Treasures: Day 3

 Day 3 - Thursday

After a leisurely morning, I walked around the UFDC Boutique and Helpers before joining the Competitive Highlight Tours. Groups of attendees were brought in and were shepherded to various categories  where a judge explained why dolls received or did not receive ribbons. It was very informative, especially in regards to the costumed by owner category.

Afterwards, I took another look at the salesroom and ate lunch in my room.

That afternoon were the regional gatherings. This year, regions 11 and 13 were teamed up together. The meeting went really smoothly and was actually quiet fun.

Next up was the Open Forum at 4PM. This year's forum was more relaxed and I think it went really well. The moderators rotated between reading pre-written comment/questions and comments/questions from the audience. It really felt like the board was listening to the members. I hope they keep this format for next year.

Dinner was yet again at the bar. Sigh. And I gave in and had fried ravioli. When in St. Louis, and all that.

Then I attended two really fun and informative evening programs: Etokusai - Four Generations of Japanese Doll Masters by Alan Scott Pate, and The Golden Silence (Suffrage Dolls) by Alisha Cole. I really enjoyed both of them, even though it meant I wasn't getting back to the hotel room until 10PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment