Thursday, August 1, 2019

Star Struck: UFDC 70th Annual Convention - Nashville TN, 2019, Part 3

Wednesday morning I took some time to photograph the fun Nashville murals in the Tennessee stairway before heading to the mini-office, where I was volunteering for the morning. 






At noon, I gathered my bag and rushed to get in line for the "Shooting for the Stars" luncheon.


The tables were decorated with 12" Judy Porter BJDs in cute Cowboy and Cowgirl outfits, and each place at the table had a little easel with a card and a hobby horse.




At the end of the banquet, the souvenir doll was handed out to all attendees.


Melody Brite.



Judy also had large, 14" versions of Melody Brite for sale.




Once back in my room, I finished dressing Melody and posed her with my travel dolls.


The rest of the afternoon I spent some time in the Helper Room, dropping all of my tickets in buckets, and walking through the competition room and looking at all the amazing dolls. I was happy to see that my dolls earned two ribbons.

And then it was time to attend the table hosts meeting, have dinner, and then try to get into the evening program: Queen Victoria's Dolls by Carol Cameron. I say tried, because there was not enough space in the room for all the people who wished to go to the program. I did not get in. Instead I hung out in the hallway in hopes of getting into the next program: Japanese Vision of Childhood by Alan Scott Pate. I did get into that program and really enjoyed it.

The last event of the night for me was "Live! Nashville Music". 


The band Edsel West performed and really got some of the attendees dancing. 



After much enjoyment, I called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment