Thursday, July 29, 2021

Dolly & Me By the Sea: UFDC 72nd Annual Convention 2021 - Baltimore, MD - Part 6

 Wednesday, July 21st.

Like Monday, I made my way straight to the UFDC Mini-Office after getting up in the morning. While we were swamped by a crowd upon opening on Monday, it was much calmer on Wednesday.

In the afternoon I met up with the other members of our Little Darling Outfit Exchange group, and we gave each other the outfits we made. (Most of them, two were still WIPs.) It was so much fun to actually be able to hang out with each other in person.

Another convention friend took a photo of us all together and let me post it here.

We then all went to the Region 11 Gathering. Our Regional director welcomed us and went over some information, and then members told us about upcoming club events. There were even door prizes - everyone present received one. 

That evening I was a table host at the one paid event I signed up for this convention, the Ruby Red Galleria "Love on the High Seas" dinner. 


The table hosts arrived early and set up the centerpieces, companion doll, and table gifts.



The tables looked perfect.



The table gifts I gave to my table mates were crocheted sweaters that fit the Ruby Red Galleria Lia doll.



Merry accompanied me, as usual, this time in her new sailor romper that I sewed especially for the convention. She felt so chic.



After a delicious dinner of crab cakes and a cute and entertaining program, the event was almost over.



The centerpiece was given away to a lucky attendee at each table, and chances to purchase the companion doll were raffled off. Most attendees who wanted one were able to purchase them, since we had 19 available.


Then it was that time - time to pass out the boxes and reveal the souvenir doll.


She is absolutely adorable in her Lolita Sailor outfit. I think that everyone was pleased with her.





The shoes are awesome and next level!






At the end of the evening I got a photo of Merry with her new friend, "Love on the High Seas" Lia.



Table gift swag - everyone was very generous.


A better look at my sweaters.


Finally, I said good night to the dolls and went to bed.


To be continued in Part 7.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience at the doll convention! How extraordinary to be surrounded with people with the same love of dolls ^_^ I usually only get stares when I take mines out for pictures. The souvenir doll is gorgeous! Her outfit is truly incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rewarding to be surrounded by doll people. We all need to find our people. This Lia's outfit is so awesome. Ruby Red Galleria does an amazing job with their outfits.

      Delete