Friday, August 30, 2013

UFDC Convention 2013, Washington DC: Part 4

Day 4

The day started out with the Annual Business Meeting, the reason for the convention. 
I had lunch in the hotel restaurant, the crab cake sandwich, and took a last walk around the salesroom (it is hard to stay away when there are so many beautiful dolls there). I even bought another Ginny. I think I may have become a Ginny collector.


After lunch I attended two programs - The Amazing Artistry of Dorothy Heizer and From Toys to Sailing: An Annapolis Doll. Both were interesting and I found Ms. Heizer's dolls to be amazing. 

Dinner was at a Mexican restaurant/bar. The food was fine, but my order was messed up and the food was pretty bland. Even the salsa. Sigh. The margaritas were good, as was the sopapilla. ;)



This was the evening of the Publisher's preview, so I scanned what was on offer and purchased one pattern book. I then dropped the rest of my helper tickets into helper buckets, bid on the silent auctions, and went to bed early. I was going to need all of the sleep I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment