Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ueno Zoo

Yup, I went to another zoo. This time I visited Ueno Zoo, which is located in Ueno Park,in Tokyo.

The weather was perfect, 70 degrees and sunny.

Click on images to enlarge.


The first animals I saw were the Giant Pandas.










This was my first time seeing a Dhole - Asiatic Wilde Dog.


There were also Seals and a Polar Bear.




Like the Tama Zoo, there was some construction going on, so the zoo is getting better and better. There is even a little monorail that takes you from one side of the zoo to the other. Over all, I like Ueno Zoo better than the Tama Zoo.

After the zoo, I went to the Western Art Museum, also in Ueno Park. The museum has a wonderful collection, including many Rodin sculptures,and works by Monet, Van Gogh, and Gauguin.


The Western Art Museum is just one of many museums in Ueno Park that can be visited. I can't wait to see the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment