Sunday, March 3, 2019

Dolls I Have Made

Today I an sharing two dolls I have made.

First up is a yarn majorette from a Milton Bradley kit. I made her when I was 9 years old, back in 1980/1981.  Sadly, over the years she has faded quite a bit from sun exposure.


Around 1985/1986, when I was 14 or 15, I made this little doll in red. She was a craft for the ladies group at church. Everyone was supplied with a painted wooden head, wooden dowel, and wooden base. We got to pick our fabric, yarn, ribbon, and hats from the supply. I chose black yarn for the hair and gave her to braids and bangs.


In 1998, I made this clown doll for a friend of mine. I had no idea what I was doing, but I think she turned out OK. The friend gave the doll back to me when she moved into an assisted living home last year.



Previously I have shown the nun, and kokeshi dolls I have made. Have you ever made dolls?

No comments:

Post a Comment