Monday, July 1, 2013

It's Always Better Down Where it is Wetter, Under the Sea

This week's Random Doll in Storage is Ariel, the Little Mermaid.

I bought her sometime between 1990 and 1993. 


At the time, I thought she was one of the prettiest non-Barbie fashion dolls out there. Today? She is still pretty darn cute. With her big eyes and red hair, she is just about a perfect adaptation of the Disney character.



She is the only Disney fashion doll I have ever bought. Why? The movie had just came out in 1989 and I loved it. (Even if I was upset that the script did not stick to the original story.) I was an adult and could buy my own toys. And, big and, she is a mermaid. As a child I longed to be a mermaid. This doll was meant for me.

None of the other Disney dolls appealed to me like she did, until now. Now I find my self eyeing Brave dolls.  Coincidence that she also has red hair? Probably not. 

2 comments:

  1. Would you buy a new modern Ariel doll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the adorable Animator's Collection Toddler Ariel, probably not. I really don't like the new look I have seen for her.

    ReplyDelete