Friday, August 31, 2012

Look, Up in the Sky!

Besides being a doll collector, I also am a Superman collector, so when my two hobbies meet I get very enthusiastic.

Back around 1999-2000, when Ebay was young and images of objects up for auction were not always a sure thing, I saw an auction for 4 plush dolls: Superman, Supergirl, and 2 Clark Kents. The description was interesting and I knew I didn't already have these dolls. So for about $20 I bid on and won them. 


They are cute, in a tacky, ugly kind of way. It turns out that they were amusement prizes in Japan from 1991. I couldn't bear to put them with my good Superman action figures and dolls, so they hid in plain sight with my stuffed animals. 

I did learn my lesson. I don't even glance at listings without photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment