Monday, November 5, 2018

Duckpins!

One of the many ways doll collectors show their creativity is by costuming their dolls for competition. For the Region 11 conference, I dressed Crystal (BUtiful Maya) as a Duckpin Bowler. Duckpin Bowling is a little known version of bowling that is popular in Baltimore.


Crytstal's team is the Old Baybs, a play on Old Bay, the crab seasoning.


Her belt and hair ties are printed with the Maryland state flag, and she holds a pin in her blue jean shorts' pocket.


I even found cute bowling shoes for her (the rules stated that the shoes did not have to be handmade, thank goodness).


I actually made the shorts almost 3 times, I kept messing up and forgetting how to make pants. In the end, I had a good pair and had sewn pockets for the first time in my life. I also discovered that my too old, beat up sewing machine does not do well with thin, knit material. The shirt was almost impossible to finish with my machine. 


All in all, I think I did a good job on her outfit and got to exercise a bit of creativity with it. And I am now looking for a much better sewing machine, before I start my next sewing project.


I hope everyone had an enjoyable Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. You did do a great job with this outfit. I hope you're able to find a better sewing machine soon.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete