Monday, July 30, 2018

UFDC 69th Annual Convention, 2018 - Phoenix, AZ: Part 8

Before heading to bed on Friday night, I took a last walk through the Helper room and took photos of the amazing Special Regional Directors' Challenge Helpers. 


Each region showcased this year did an awesome job.









The next morning I was up at the crack of dawn in order to volunteer for the Helper Drawing. We moved all the ticket buckets to the main ballroom, and prepped them. Then... the magic happened! Lucky winners had their names called for wonderful prizes. This year I won three: 


Madame Alexander's Baby Sweet Tears and Lucinda,


Chef Bunny by Connie Tognoli,


And Patty Jo by Knickerbocker. I'm glad I brought an extra suitcase with me.

After putting my new treasure up in my room, I looked at the Publishers' Preview and Artist Showcase.


There were only two artists this year, Linda Mountain,






And Pat Moulton.



Then it was time for lunch, suitcase packing, and a nap.

That evening we all gathered in the main ballroom for the Banquet. The table centerpieces were 3-D puzzles of famous landmarks from around the world.


Licca joined me in her pretty lavender ballgown.


After dinner, everyone received the convention souvenir doll by Ruby Red Galleria, Lia, Journey to Adventure.






Here she is all dressed in the hotel room.


 That's it. Convention was over. Maybe next year you will join us for convention in Nashville, TN.


No comments:

Post a Comment