Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Hunt is On

When I discovered Ebay around 1996, I started searching for a doll to replace my long gone Christmas doll, Suzy, who I talked about in the previous post.


Ebay, back in the beginning was a bit harder to navigate. Not everyone posted accurate and clear photos. Therefore, what I thought I was getting, sometimes ended up being completely different from what actually arrived.

Here are 4 of the 5 dolls I ordered from Ebay, hoping they would be my Suzy. The 5th I gave away not long after receiving it.

 
This one, while the right size, 18 inches, is Rub-a-Dub Baby.


This Horsman cutie is smaller, at 15 inches, and cries tears.


This Horsman Baby Denton is really close, but the body is of a different material and it was from the 80s.


Last, but not least, we have this sweet girl who I named Not Suzy in a previous post.

While none of them are my true Suzy, they have all found a home with me.

Hopefully I will find the real Suzy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment