Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm in Japan

I have arrived in Japan! Since I will be here for the next 3 years, I decided that I will talk about my experiences in Japan, as well as dolls.

I arrived Thursday evening and after walking my papers all around, my cat, Skitter, and I were finally able to board the base shuttle with my husband and make our way to base. We waved at Tokyo Disneyland and I will get there one of these days.

Saturday, we walked to the local Seiyu (Walmart). It is a lot different then U.S. Walmarts. The items range from Walmart prices, to outfits that cost almost $1,000.00.

The toy selection had a nice selection of Takara Licca dolls.

It was neat that the Seiyu had a craft store. I found cute, little Kewpie dolls with adorable costumes kits to make. I'm going to have to try them out.

All in all, my first few days in Japan have been peaceful and uneventful, with occasional cultural treats.



No comments:

Post a Comment